1. The 38th Annual Harlem Skyscraper Cycling Classic kicks off today under a beautiful sky at the crossroads of all things cool-
2. Traditionally held each Father’s Day, the first races are always about the future of cycling- New York’s Kids.
3. The Women’s pros line up to start. This year’s main sponsor ROCKSTAR GAMES did a great job of planning the event. The race th
4. Ellen Moses (CRCA/Comedy Central-Sid’s Bikes) tries to make an early break.
5. A determined Leah Oppenheimer (CAWES p/b Specialized) holds her own with the pro women
6. Today’s gunner, Raquel Miller (CRCA/Houlihan-Lokey Sanchez) sets her sights on moving the team forward.
7. Nanci Modica (Radical Media) tries to push the pace but Raquel Miller keeps focus on keeping the field together for her sprin
8. Emily Underwood (Gotham Girl’s Racing) racks up enough points to lead her to second place.
9. Kristin Lotito (CRCA/Houlihan- Lokey Sanchez) gains enough points to win her sprint as well as the overall. Congrats to all.
10. The Men’s pros line up to start under the Stars and Stripes for the National Anthem.
11. Fourth generation cyclist Jackie Simes (Jamis-Sutter Home) continues his second year as a pro –keeps the family tradition go
12. Australia’s Douglas Repacholi (Perth UNK) starts out early to collect points
13. Greg Olsen (CRCA/Jonathan Adler Racing) does his best “Time-trialing Cancellara” but it earns him no points.
14. Last Year’s winner, Benjamin Edmuller (Transportation Alternatives/RockStar) follows Olympian Bobby Lea (Pure Energy Cycling
15. Germany’s Benjamin Edmuller (TA/R) takes a flyer and tries to break-away like last year- but it’s not working for him in 201
16. Today’s track is not working for Jarod Bunde (GS Mengoni) even though it is his forte.
17. Sweeping ahead to victory with one lap to go, Douglas Repacholi (Perth UNK) seems so confident.
18. And it’s all smiles as Douglas Repacholi (Perth UNK) takes the points race. Congratulations to all of today’s winners.
19. IFIXBYX’s Mark Purdy with special guest Damian Alfonso Lopez. Damien is recently “street legal” having been fitted with new